Off the line vineyard (Hellingly)
Making only rosé might seem like a gamble, but it has paid off for Hellingly based Off the Line Vineyard. Owners Kristina and Ann Marie are award winning rosé wine makers with a confident style of wine coming out of their modern winery. It’s their shared vision and passion for wine that led them to setting up the business. The wine is made exclusively from red grapes because it is the skin that briefly imparts the colour. There are three different styles of still rosé wine produced by Off the Line.
Hip Rosé 2020
100% Pinot Noir.
2020 was an exceptional year that produced wonderfully ripe grapes. It’s super pale in colour, dry and Provencal in style. Linear, it yields stone fruit, redcurrant, savoury and floral tones with a long, mouth-watering finish.
Dancing Dog 2018
Dancing Dog Rosé 2018 is a dry, bold rosé expressive of the Regent that dominates the blend.
It has delightful body, red fruit and sherbet notes bringing a lightness to the finish.
Dog rosé is made from a blend of Regent, Rondo and Dornfelder grapes. It’s a pale, dry easy drinking rosé.
Gentle red fruits with a really balanced finish.
Beacon Down Vineyard (Cross in Hand)
Known for their white wines, this is their first rosé. The vineyard was started in 2012 and planted from scratch. You will find this family run business in Cross in Hand near Heathfield, in the High Weald AONB.
Rosé de Noir 2018
Produced in the traditional method from 100% Pinot Noir grapes, this is a rosé sparkling wine from the 2018 harvest.
A young and vibrant wine with sweet flavours of strawberry and cherry, a lovely pink hue and fantastic balance. The perfect celebratory drink for any occasion
Tickerage vineyard (Blackboys)
Compact and bijou – a five acre vineyard specialising in small batches of carefully crafted wines. Planted in 2007, they are located in Blackboys, a stone’s throw from Heathfield.
Sparkling Rose 2013
Extra brut means the wine exudes crisp summer fruits with a hint of pink and undertone of creaminess through its long finish.
Tickerage keep the production run of rosé deliberately low, using only the best grapes for their signature wine.
There’s no excuse not to have something pink and suitably chilled in hand!
Cuculo have selected some fabulous rosé wines to see you through English Wine Week and the Summer Season beyond. English, French, German and Italian. Most are available by the glass or bottle in store or to order, with discounts on some cases. Here is our essentiual summer rosé drinking list…
- ‘Dog Rosé’ Wine of England 2019 by Off the Line Vineyard £15.45
- ‘Tickerage Sparkling Rosé’ English Quality Sparkling Wine 2013 by Blackboys Vineyard £36.45
- ‘Blanc de Noir’ 2019 by Pflüger Germany £15.45
- ‘Dancing Dog Rosé’ Wine of England 2018 by Off the Line Vineyard £15.45
- Champagne Grand Cru AoC Brut Rosé NV by Maurice Vesselle France £60.45
- ‘Rosé de Noir’ English Quality Sparkling Wine Rosé 2018 by Beacon Down £30.95
- Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo DOC 2019 by Tiberio Italy £13.95
- Salento IGT Rosato 2019 by Cantele £12.45
- ‘Millesimato’ Prosecco DOC Brut Rosé 2019 by Torresella Italy £16.95
- Bardolino DOC Chiaretto 2019 by Giovanna Tantini Italy£15.45
- ‘Hip Rosé’ Wine of England 2020 by Off the Line Vineyard £16.95
- ‘Cabutto Rosato’ Langhe DOC Rosato 2018 by Cabutto/La Volta Italy £10.45