“British Specials” cheese box
The price includes delivery.
A carefully selected cheeseboard of prestigious rarities from around the country. The “British Specials” box contains the following cheeses:
- 200g Lincolnshire Poacher – Unpasteurised cows’ milk cheese from Ulceby Grange Farm, Lincolnshire; Not suitable for vegetarians. This family-run dairy is committed to sustainable production, with, for example, solar panel and air turbine installations creating enough energy to make them a net producer over the year. The cheese is made following the traditional “cheddaring” method where the whey is cut and stirred to the size of a grain of wheat, before being piled into blocks three times. The texture and flavour of the resulting cheese is the product of labour-intensive and skilled work.
Christopher’s notes: a lovely combination of a Gruyère/cheddar-style cheese with a savoury and nutty flavour.
- 200g Sparkenhoe Red Leicester – Unpasteurised cows’ milk cheese from The Leicestershire Handmade Cheese Co. near Nuneaton, Warwickshire; not suitable for vegetarians. This is a new revival of a traditional cheese, which is delivered to us still in its cloth binding, having been matured for 6 months.
Christopher’s notes: rounded acidity with a mellow savoury flavour. The best Red Leicester available.
- 200g Blacksticks Blue – Pasteurised cows’ milk blue cheese from Butler’s Cheese in Lancashire; suitable for vegetarians. This cheese is made of milk from the herd at Lower Barker Farm, across the road from the dairy.
Christopher’s notes: lingers on the palate with a mild spicy tang.
- Tracklements sticky fig relish.
- Miller’s Harvest crackers for cheese.